Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Another point-of-view

Laughter makes its way through the crevices in Miss Brion’s classroom door.

She always says she’s worried that she is going to disrupt the other classes, but I think she is just afraid that the other teachers will think we’re goofing around and not really learning anything.

She’s young, and I’m not sure her confidence level matches her dedicated work ethic.

Who knew learning could be fun?

Yeah, she’s quirky…maybe even a little weird sometimes, but at least a day in her class is never boring.

Wearing a headband with ping pong balls sprouting from my scalp was a little embarrassing…I mean we are in sixth grade, not second, but it sure did help me remember how covalent and ionic bonds are formed. I guess the “A” on that test was worth being mortified in front of my crush.

And, you’d think she wants to be the next American Idol the way she leads us in singing cheesy songs like the “Atoms Family.”

But, oh, the air pressure demonstration was a little bit hysterical. She must have practiced it one too many times beforehand, because when she placed the saturated index card on top of the water glass and turned it upside down…my classmate took an unexpected shower! I thought Miss Brion might cry, while the rest of us were practically rolling on the floor in laughter, but thankfully the student soaked by this folly was a good sport about it.

You know, not all experiments go as planned, but that’s the beauty of it.

We learn to think for ourselves, analyze the data, and locate the factors we could have better controlled for.

Every day is a surprise.

I hope we get to try out the tornado tubes today. I can’t wait to find out how a twister is formed…I think she said it starts with an angry cumulonimbus cloud.

I wonder what makes it mad?

No comments:

Post a Comment