Wednesday, August 11, 2010

You said these songs are like a story...

You said these songs are like a story…


And somehow I knew

                                                        how they could help someone like you
                                                                                                                                               get through

So, I said I didn’t mind

Right out loud

And together, side by side

We sat next to each other and rode on through the winter



You helped the miniature one with her mittens

The one with the sparkling eyes

And you gave away your smile

By way of another, made me sure it was true

Certain of you



                                                             Collecting all these memories

                                                                                                          In jars

                                                                          Piling them tall

A bridge for all the in betweens



Yearning quietly to give something

Copper pennies

A dozen must be worth more than a single shiny quarter

I would take a wheat one

Over any silver mint



I will get myself up and search for grace


If you bring a map,

I will bring a flashlight

And, we can go find a sturdy path through the darkness

The kind that doesn’t mind the snow

No comments:

Post a Comment