Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sometimes it's permissible to be stuck in a paradigm

While I usually like surprises, there are some that I don’t.

Specifically, I am not always fond of surprise visitors.

Unless you are a CLOSE family member or friend, it’s better to call me before stopping by my house.

Honestly, I am not trying to be rude or snarky here.

I really do LOVE having company!!

So, please hear me out.

I have a reasonable and kind-hearted reason for this request.

My computer has claws that can cleverly snatch me up on any given morning.

It’s challenging enough to get the coffeemaker flowing,

(Although, I do always manage to win this battle,)

Before being ensnarled within the grip of my laptop,

Which sits perched on my kitchen table,

Facing the side-by-side picture windows,

That open, like a beautiful novel, into the woods.

Therefore, I often, unintentionally end up spending numerous hours,

Sitting here,

In my pajamas.

This makes me feel guilty enough,

Without having to answer the door to unexpected guests.

Imagine how I feel,

When their jaws drop,

In horror,

At my attire and makeupless face.

It’s through these non-verbal cues,

That I realize just how awful I look,

And how pathetic my life is:

That I could have just allowed almost the whole day to slip by without showering, dressing, or ingesting much beyond coffee and piccalli.

What?

I have eye-sleepies sticking to my face and a milk mustache?

Yikes!

So, please do both of us a favor, and call before knocking.

Despite my usual tendency towards spontaneity,

There are simply some instances when it's better to be prepared.

This is one of them.

And, by the way,

It doesn't take me more than a few minutes to throw on some decent clothes and wash my face.

I am not a princess.

That might be a nice lifestyle though.

Thank you.

Ps. I write these words with genuine love in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment